Mentor spotlight is Robert Palmer!
- What do you do in your spare time?
What spare time? I play soccer, read, design gadgets.
- What year did you join the team?
- What motivated you to be a mentor?
My daughter was joining the team and mentoring sounded like fun.
- What did (do) you do for a living?
I design RFID products.
- What have you gotten out of mentoring students on the Robotics team?
It’s very fun and rewarding seeing students lean and grow, especially over the years.
- Give me an example of a time that you felt above and beyond while being involved with the team.
Watching the reactions of the drive team when they won at Smokey Mountain Regional in 2013.
- In what way do you assist the team?
I help with all areas, but I focus on software and electronics.
- How long have you been part of the team?
This is my 4th year.